Wednesday 29 April 2015

Smalls SAL April Key Holder

Good morning all,  Today is the last Wednesday of the month, making it check-in day for the Smalls SAL hosted by Heather at the Stitching Lotus.

I decided to stitch and sew a key holder for those mysterious unfamiliar keys which make an appearance and refuse to tell us their origins.  Best not to throw out what is probably the old spare front door key to granddad´s long demolished house, in case it might in fact be that elusive missing storeroom key, hunted for during years.



I am continuing to use up fabric from my stash.  The little cartoon is by Scott Nickel and I thought it appropriate for the cause.


I mixed cross stitch and applique, the black french knots for the fortune teller´s hair are inappreciable and I added a little charm to the zip.


If you would like to join the Smalls SAL and stitch a design each month, pop over and see Heather for the details - you can join at anytime during the year.

Double Wedding Ring Quilts

My gorgeous book has arrived.  I was lucky enough to win a signed copy of this wonderful book by Victoria from Bumble Beans.


Full of lovely photographs and well explained instructions.


I just need more time to make a quilt.  Thank you very much Victoria.

Until next week, happy stitching.

Sheryl


29 comments:

  1. Sheryl, è bellissimo, sei stata davvero brava

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely key holder you made.
    Great idea!

    Have a nice stitching week.
    Evelyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and humorous key holder. I don't know how many times my husband has asked me if I know where the keys are. I love the cross stitch and the design of the holder, Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sheryl! This is a great little project... the cartoon on the front is perfect and the stitches are perfect too! Great idea for those odd keys that everyone seems to collect! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea! Did you already have the keyring itself? I love how you mixed x-stitch and applique to create your adaptation of the cartoon. And a perfect cartoon choice for the project as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, No I didn´t already have the keyring, I saw them on the Internet and ordered a couple.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute project. I love the way you put your own techniques together to create such a unique key holder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sheryl,
    this is just too cute, gives me a big smile.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so CUTE! It made me laugh….well done!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great little idea. I have my odd/old keys in a plastic container.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks great! What a good idea for a place to store those keys (I have 3 on my keyring, no idea what they're for and not used in nearly 5 years but I can't remove them in case I need them!). I appreciate the black french knot hair, it gives it great texture, and I like the idea of combining cross stitch and applique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever idea and love the way it turned out. I'm sure it brings a smile to your face every time you use it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the cute finish.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great finish, Sheryl--useful and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great little design! I love your finish and am so impressed with the fact it has a zipper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great key holder! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is nice and you did a great job! Have a nice weekend!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Śliczne.
    Dziękuję za odwiedzinki i pozdrawiam:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Especially love the great appliqued areas and the humourous quip you adapted, Sheryl :) As french knots are my bêtes noires, I can, in actuality, appreciate them VERY much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dearest Sheryl, your key holder is darling! I absolutely love the design :) You are so talented, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Sheryl, this is such a cool key holder. Absolutely gorgeous design that you made after that funny cartoon. And the finishing is perfect. I'M sure everyone has some of these keys lying around, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How clever! Your combination of cross-stitch and applique looks fabulous. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute little key holder! I have a whole ring of keys that I have absolutely no idea what the keys belong to... but don't dare get rid of them in case they are needed some day. I should make one of these for them! :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...