Monday 15 June 2015

Victorian Thread Holder

You know how it is when you have a drawer full of UFOs crying out to be  finished but you can´t hear those lamentations and you have to put down that piece of stitching that you are already behind with, just because your hands insist on doing another needlework technique?  I just had to get the crochet hook out and so made this little thread holder.



A pretty design by Maggie Petsch Chasalow and available free from  Ravelry. Both sides are the same and when made up holds a 50 gram ball of thread.



I thought that this holder might come in handy when out and about, as it is slipped over the wrist while crocheting and the ball of thread stays still instead of rebelliously exploring its surroundings.




Each week I have been joining Nadine at Jocondine in her quiz journey around France and she surprised me with these gorgeous goodies.


A beautiful handmade bag, a lavender filled heart, thread holders, ribbon, silks, lavender soap and even lavender tea which I have never tasted.  Just left me speechless with so much generosity.  Thank you so much Nadine, I shall use everything.

Until next week, happy stitching everyone.

Sheryl


16 comments:

  1. That is the cutest idea ever! Is that taken from one of those Victorian needlework gadgets? Reminds me of the yarn bowls that knitters used combined with wrist pincushions!

    Gorgeous gift collection. Let us know how you like the lavender tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful thread holder! I know what you mean about the thread exploring its surroundings. I agree - gorgeous gift collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sheryl! What a great idea that thread holder is and you have crocheted it so beautifully! Wonderful gifts too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea - just wish I could crochet ;0) And what beautiful surprise gifts. Enjoy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear Sheryl, what a darling and extra lovely idea! Now if only I could crochet.... :)

    Have a beautiful week, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea, I'll have to look up the pattern on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheryl, so you know it very well and hook !!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful thread holder !! :) lovely pattern!!
    Is the movement of thread fine when we crochet with the ball inside the holder? You got some lovely gifts! Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sheryl,
    Wonderful finished thread holder, a real Piece of beauty.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little thread holder is so pretty. I took a good close look at it and I see that the thread comes out through the flower. What a brilliant idea! And the little collection of treats from Nadine is absolutely lovely! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pretty crocheted holder you made Sheryl and it's so nice in the color white. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful thread holder, it's so pretty and you received wonderful surprise gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is so lovely! I think I need to make one myself. Where did you get the plastic ring for the centre motif?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This little thread holder is so delicately crocheted, a very cute idea.
    Enjoy the lovely gift from Nadine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous idea! So delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Sheryl! I made this years ago and am looking for the free pattern for this. THis gal isn't listed on Ravelry anymore. Do you have to have the pattern saved and could share. I wanted to make one for a friend. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...