Wednesday 15 June 2016

Another small thing

Hi everyone,

 Here is the latest  Round in Circles hardanger pattern by Mabel Figworthy.  Each month we are given a small design to embroider which we then make into whatever we like.



I decided to use the design to cover a tape measure as they always make handy gifts and I used Anchor perlé threads, pink, green and ecru...really must buy some more colours as I usually do hardanger embroidery with only white or ecru and therefore have very few colours.



This month I liked the pretty Greek crosses and also the circled outline done in a whipped backstitch.  I definitely need more practise with the chequered chain stitches as mine were very uneven so don´t look too closely.



and I liked the addition of a few seed beads along the double wrapped bars.



If anyone is interested in joining this hardanger SAL, the link is on my sidebar.

  Until next week, happy stitching.
Sheryl


27 comments:

  1. Such a pretty item.very clever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations always bring a smile to my face, sweet friend. Your create such beauty and charm. Have a wonderful day! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink and green look great together. Your finish is beautiful. I am still on the 1st Month's project for this SAL. But I do hope to move it along

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work on finishing and the tape measure cover. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! You do such nice finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea to make your beautiful embroidery into a tape measure cover. Never have I seen so elegant a tape measure cover. As always, Sheryl, gorgeous, gorgeous embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, Sheryl, and what a useful finish you've made! I love those colors you picked :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheryl wow that piece sure is pretty,clever you and i love the colours you have done it in,well done my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful - love the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do exquisite work! Your hardanger with the beads is creative and beautiful! Love that table mat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so pretty, Sheryl !! :) Your work is always so beautiful! I will take a look at the SAL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheryl, this is - again - beautiful and creative.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so pretty and what a super gift. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty, spring-like piece! Exquisite stitching and great job on finishing the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Small but so perfectly cute !!!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty finish again!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always have such great ideas for finishing - inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's beautiful! Ilke is a very talented designer, i'm currently working on her SAL from 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful..the beads give it such depth...xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very pretty, Sheryl. I particularly love the colours you chose for this piecer. And a great finishing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such pretty colours and I love the use of the beads too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty cover for your tape measure! Your friends must be delighted to receive such beautiful gifts! Love the table mat too!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! I love the colours you used... Great idea for a finish :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I saw one of those cover in a DIY fair and thought I must do one and then I forgot this idea. Thanks to bring it back to my stitching basket. Yours is lovely as allways. xxx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...