Saturday 22 October 2016

A Bag

Hello Blogger friends and visitors,

I have done a lot of stitching  this week but  have little to show as most of the work is for gifts but I can show this little bag I made.



I just happened to pass our local needlework shop and of course had to pop in and say hello and that was when I spied this lovely fabric and knew exactly what I wanted to make with it.


I had problems taking the photos as we had dull dark weather during the week, the above photo shows the more exact colours and the below photos rather too pale.


Elena´s tutorial for a manicure bag can be found here and although I doubt that I shall use the bag as such, it will certainly come in handy for something or other as there is plenty of room to hold a lot of things. A large pocket with a zip at one end.


and three smaller pockets at the other end.


apart from the lined drawstring bag.


which I had to make smaller as I didn´t have enough fabric.  I don´t think it looks too bad.

A Lovely Gift

I had a surprise arrive in the post this week.  During the Pincushion Parade celebrated recently, Rosey at Ishkabibble mentioned that she hadn´t got any pincushions at all and as we certainly can´t have that, I sent her one of mine and look at this pretty book mark that she sent me in return.


Isn´t it pretty?  Isn´t she clever? Thank you very much Rosey, I enjoy reading and it will be very useful.

See you next week when the Smalls SAL check-in is due.... doesn´t the time just flash by?
Sheryl



23 comments:

  1. Your bag turned out so nice! Thank you for including the link to instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful.
    A very nice little bag, I like it very well.
    Greetings Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is very pretty, Sheryl!! Lovely gift from Rosey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful bag! That fabric is very nice, it reminds me of the beautiful old percale sheets that used to exist. The manicure bag looks like it could also be used for little crafting items.

    I am glad you like the little bookmark! One can never have enough, and even if you do have enough, somehow little scraps of paper find themselves as bookmarks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little bag Sheryl and a beautiful bookmark gift too! Enjoy your weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little bag, the fabrics are SO nice and seeing the bag inside was a surprise. Beautiful bookmark from Rosey - those little fans are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job you did on that bag. So pretty and will come in very handy. Nice bookmark..Crocheted bookmarks are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back to sewing. Hope your wrist is much better. Love the bag and the bookmark too. Very clever ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet friend, your bag is fabulous! I simply love it :) You always make the most incredibly beautiful things.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely gift from Rosey.
    Once more I have to admire your creative sewing skills. I love the bag you made with all the different pockets inside to store lots of things in them. And the fabric you used is wonderful. A gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that bag! It's high on my list of things to make for me now. Your version is beautiful and it doesn't notice at all that your drawstring bag is smaller. What a lovely gift from Rosey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheryl,wow this bag is so cute,I love it,well done on your beautiful finish xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and Rosey are both so talented! The bag reminds me of fabrics my grandma used to have. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely bag so beautifully sewn together. You are very talented.
    Rosey's bookmarks are so nice too, I received one this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely little sewing bag. I like it.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little bag is wonderful. You combines fabrics beautifully. A nice gift from a friend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely bag that will sure come in handy ;)
    So sweet of Rosey, what a pretty creation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful bag. Did you use a machine to make it or is it hand sewn?

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely bag! Beautiful and thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty and useful bag, Sheryl! I can see why you were so attracted to that fabric--it really is lovely :)

    And how sweet of you to gift Rosey with a pincushion--the bookmark she thanked you with is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sheryl, I just love that bag - what a wonderful design, giving you room for glasses, scissors, a number of other tools plus all the space in the center drawstring bag - very cool!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...